Vaccinations are an important part of your horse’s overall health. Vaccinations protect against a range of preventable diseases that are particularly harmful for horses who live close to each other in the stables. During their wellness and vaccination appointment, our veterinary team will make recommendations on the vaccines best suited to support their needs.
What vaccinations do you recommend for horses?
We highly recommend a range of vaccinations to ensure your horse builds their immunity against harmful diseases. The injection could be given in their muscle or even through a nose drop, triggering their body to generate antibodies to the disease. Our veterinarians follow our vaccine protocol to ensure they’re administered correctly. If you’re interested in learning more about your horse’s vaccine schedule, please contact (705) 753-0324.
Some vaccinations we recommend protect against the following:
- Equine influenza (flu-like disease, commonly affecting young horses)
- Tetanus (fatal disease, causing progressively worse muscle spasms and stiffness)
- Equine herpes virus (respiratory disease, which can cause stillbirths and paralysis)
- Rotavirus (causes diarrhea)
- Equine Viral Arteritis (flu-like respiratory disease, similar to pink eye)
- West Nile Virus